Sunday, September 13, 2009

Purple Harvest

Padding through the forest feeling kinda’ mean
Sniffed peculiar bushes, their leaves the palest green

Got a bit closer, what’s hangin’ from them leaves?
Dark, round blueberries, a purple harvest just for me

Pop ‘em in my mouth, scrunch, scrunch, scrunch
Big juicy blueberries, cheeks, fill ‘em up like a chipmunk

Can’t stop eaten’ ‘em as I move from bush-to-bush
A blueberry feast goin’ swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

Uh oh, what’s that? I hear a strange noise
Them two-legged things, two big-mouthed boys

Here they are a comin’, stealin’ all my winter’s food
Can’t get a full meal, how could they be so rude?

Take off down the mountain with a grunt and a snort
Headin’ to the campground, I’ll take some of their gorp!


Chuck Connors, August 29, 2009

No comments: